“The Foundations of Reading, Spelling and Writing for Every Child”
Children, staff and parents all love Floppy’s Phonics! We have been using this high quality, rigorous programme for the last eight years and have been delighted with the results we have seen. Floppy’s Phonics engages the children with its familiar characters and supports both teaching and learning with CD-ROMs; classroom visual aids, the structured set of phonics books; cumulative, decodable, activity sheets and texts, plus planning and assessment materials.
Debbie has supported us in using her programme with personal training, online resources and personal emails. During a recent Ofsted inspection, an observed phonics lesson with Reception children was deemed ‘outstanding’ with no areas of improvement needed.
All staff at Lord Scudamore Academy are unanimous in recommending Floppy’s Phonics as a truly inspiring phonics programme that has driven reading in our school to the highest standard.”
Annual Y1 PSC results since 2012: 79%, 93%, 87%, 86%, 94%, 94%, 92%, 96%
Mrs Corinne Benjamin, Head of School/EYFS Manager, Lord Scudamore Academy, Hereford
Biff, Chip, Kipper and Floppy the dog have made Oxford Reading Tree the UK’s most popular reading scheme used by 80% of primary schools in the UK.
The ORT Floppy’s Phonics systematic synthetic phonics programme provides you with all the structure and resources you need to deliver really effective synthetic phonics teaching for all children – as well as enriching their vocabulary and language comprehension.
Floppy’s Phonics is in line with the Systematic Synthetic Phonics (SSP) teaching principles described in the ‘English programmes of study: key stages 1 and 2 – National curriculum in England’ which is statutory from September 2014.
The resources include hundreds of fabulous full-colour illustrations (for example in the Sounds and Letters teaching and learning books, and their parallel interactive CD-ROMS) with masses of potential to develop language comprehension skills – essential for young learners and learners who not only need to learn how to read, spell and write in English but who are also learning to speak the English language as a new language!
The Floppy’s Phonics programme teaches the letter/s-sound correspondences of the English alphabetic code explicitly and comprehensively for reading, spelling and handwriting:
- Systematic and structured with inbuilt rigorous revision to ensure the success of every child
- Includes the characters of Floppy the dog, Biff, Chip and Kipper and their family and friends, with hundreds of colour pictures to engage children fully for the phonics teaching & learning, vocabulary enrichment and language comprehension
- Rigorous teaching sequence ensuring the phonics teaching & learning is straightforward, effective and allows for differentiation in simple, but effective, ways
- Builds up knowledge of spelling word banks over time where words are spelt with the same letter/s-sound correspondences
- Designed to inform parents/carers routinely and to work in partnership with them wherever possible
- The order of introducing the 44 sounds of the English language matches the order in ‘Letters and Sounds’ (DfES, 2007)
From this website you will be able to purchase any of the ORT Floppy’s Phonics resources, book your school’s INSET or CPD training (delivered by programme author, Debbie Hepplewhite MBE FRSA) and find all the ongoing help and support you need via our Floppy’s Q & A Forum.